On October 5th, 1981 West Berlin’s pioneers of Industrial Music Einstürzende Neubauten (Collapsing New Buildings) released their first official studio album Kollaps.
Prior to Kollaps, the band had released the live to tape cassette Stahlmusik—which despite being unconventionally recorded live in a pillar in Stadtautobahn Bridge—was more conventional a record than Kollaps, which saw percussionists N.U. Unruh, and F.M. Einheit incorporate found objects an sheets of metal for Neubauten’s trademark harsh industrial sound accented by singer/guitarist Blixa Bargeld screaming vocals.
- Tanz Debil (Dance Retardedly)
- Steh auf Berlin (Go For Berlin / Stand Up Berlin)
- Negativ Nein (Negative No)
- U-Haft-Muzak (Pretrial Detention Muzak)
- Draußen ist Feindlich (Outside Is Hostile)
- Schmerzen Hören (Hören mit Schmerzen) (Hearing Pain (Listen With Pain))
- Jet’m (Serge Gainsbourg)
- Kollaps (Collapse)
- Sehnsucht (Yearning)
- Vorm Krieg (Before War)
- Hirnsäge (Brainsaw)
- Abstieg & Zerfall (Degression & Disintegration)