[dropcap]Industrial[/dropcap] legends Ministry via Cleopatra Records has released a follow-up to last year’s Wax Trax! Records era Trax! Box set with the new Trax! Rarities limited edition clear 2 LP that includes rare tracks, demos and live versions of songs from Ministry and Al Jourgensen’s other projects such as Revolting Cocks and PTP that highlight the transition from Synth, EBM, Industrial, and Metal. The Trax! Rarities release is probably worth it alone for the “Same Old Madness” demo that includes an additional guitar part that is not included in the single version of the song.
Other favorites on the collection are the Ministry track “I See Red” and the Revolting Cocks’ “Let’s Get Physical (Banned Version)”, and Pailhead’s Don’t Stand In Line (Dub Mix).Earlier this week we premiered the funky Twitch era track I See Red off of Trax! Rarities, which sounds like it could have been a b-side to the 1985 single Over the Shoulder.
Along with the song premiere for I See Red, our own Andi Harriman did an excellent writeup on Al Jourgensen’s relationship with With Sympathy—an experience which ultimately pushed Uncle Al in more darker and aggressive sounds that paved the way for acts such as Skinny Puppy and Nine Inch Nails.
Trax! Rarities is a limited edition double LP on clear vinyl—and a must have for any Ministry fan—out December 9th
1. Ministry – Never Asked For Nothing (Detroit 7.10.82)
2. Ministry – Love Change (Detroit 7.10.82)
3. Ministry – What Is The Reason (Detroit 7.10.82)
4. Ministry – America (Detroit 7.10.82)
1. Ministry – Same Old Madness (1982 Demo)
2. Ministry – Game Is Over (1983 Demo)
3. Ministry – Let’s Be Happy (1983 Demo)
4. Ministry – Same Old Scene (1983 Demo)
5. Ministry – Wait (1983 Demo)
1. Ministry – I See Red
2. Ministry – Self Annoyed
3. Revolting Cocks – Fish In Cold Water
4. Revolting Cocks – (Let’s Get) Physical (Banned Version)
1. PTP – Show Me Your Spine
2. Pailhead – Don’t Stand In Line (Dub Mix)
3. Revolting Cocks – Drums Along The Carbide
4. 1000 Homo DJs – Supernaut (Dub Remix)
OUT ON DECEMBER 9, 2016